Centre International pour la Justice Transitionnelle recrute
Project Officer International Symposium on Gender and Transitional Justice
ICTJ seeks a project officer to help plan an international symposium on gender and transitional justice.
Challenges to taking a gendered approach to transitional justice can be seen across all different contexts.
Though particulars about what is required differ greatly in each context, one common thread is the need to ensure that at each phase, women victims and victims of gender-based violations (GBV) are adequately represented and included – both as victims and decision-makers, and that gendered patterns of harm are fully addressed.
The symposium will bring together activists and practitioners working in a diverse set of contexts to share strategies on effective ways to make transitional justice gender-sensitive when developing and / or promoting relevant policies, initiatives and programs.
Scope of Work
The project will consist of planning a 3-day symposium to be held in Tunis for approximately 20-25 participants. The Project Officer will be responsible for coordinating the travel of participants to Tunis and planning the logistics for the symposium. The officer will coordinate with ICTJ headquarters in New York and ICTJ Tunisia.
The consultant will:
• Support in the preparation of all administrative and financial tasks for the ICTJ gender symposium in Tunis in January 2019;
• Assist in the logistical and organizational aspects of symposium implemented by ICTJ in Tunis, including to secure the hotel; organize flights and airport transfer for participants; and arrange for translation.
• Correspond with participants;
• Support in the writing of the final conference report;
• Complete all other deliverables discussed on a weekly basis with Gender Justice Program Director, Kelli Muddell, and ICTJ Tunisia Head of Office, Salwa El Gantri.
Timeframe of Project
The consultancy is expected to last for approximately three months. This period will include the time leading up to the symposium in late January, as well as a several weeks after to conclude any outstanding administrative matters and provide inputs and support to the writing of the final conference report.
• Experience planning workshops and events
• Experience working with women’s groups preferred
• Some knowledge of gender-sensitive transitional justice
• Fluent in English
• Strong command of written and spoken Arabic and French
• Good communication and writing skills
• Ability to work well with a team
Comment postuler :
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter detailing relevant experience and expertise to Salwa El Gantri
Ville : Tunis
Nom / Entreprise : Centre International pour la Justice Transitionnelle
Adresse : Les berges du lac , Tunis
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1